- Describe how to develop and produce price indexes.
- Introduce other types of price indexes.
- Identify issues related specifically to price index compilation
- Describe the design, data collection, compilation
up to 15 hours
- Statisticians understand the process of setting up a system for producing a stable, reliable price index.
- Statisticians understand the practical aspects of PPI compilation, and can design a PPI compilation system
- Compilers understand the practical aspects of CPI compilation, and can design a CPI compilation system
- Given suitable data, statistician develop a weighting scheme for a CPI, and design a suitable sampling scheme for both outlets and products.
- Identify a future programme for rebasing the CPI, including required data and a time line for the development